Wednesday 3 December 2014

Homemade Holiday Treat - Spiced Banana Bread


Although I try (and fail) to eat healthily and resist the delicious temptation of cake, the holidays seem like the perfect time to treat yourself. So, what a better way to treat yourself than by making this amazing banana bread! One of the first things that come to my mind when I think about Christmas is the spices, specifically cinnamon and ginger. As a result of this, I will add some spice whenever I see the opportunity, for example in the banana bread.


Having been ill for the last few days, in the result of being stuck in the house, I slowly felt myself going insane. So, as I was feeling a little better I took this opportunity to do some festive baking. I didn't want anything too heavy like chocolate so I decided to go with some lovely banana bread. I took a simple banana bread recipe (140g Sugar, 140g Butter, 140g self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 eggs, 2 bananas) and then add a little spice, I didn't measure the spice but I did add a decent amount of cinnamon and a dash of ginger. 

If you are looking for a simple yet delicious festive bake I definitely recommend adding some spice.

Thanks for reading,

Holly X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig