Wednesday 18 July 2018

50 Facts About Me.

As mentioned in my previous post, I am transferring my blog posts from the last year (they were on a different site) so here is the first of 9! Enjoy!
This was originally posted on 12/04/2017.




My blog has always been a rather personal space, but it is about to get even more personal. I truly believe that vulnerability is the way to create true deep connection with others. And true deep connection is something we need more of in this world. Vulnerability is strength. 


So to start off this new personal side to my blog, I thought I should with 50 facts about me. I found these questions on Christina Cimorelli's blog so shout out to her! I really liked these questions as they seem more vulnerable and real than the standard questions. So here we go..!


1. What's one thing that's happened to you that has made you a stronger person?
Having Lyme disease has probably been the hardest thing I have had to face, but it has definitely made me a stronger person. I actually made a video talking about about this on my Youtube channel so you can check that out if you like.


2. What’s one thing that’s happened to you in your life that made you feel weak?
Can I give the same answer twice? Honestly, there have been a ton of moments in my life that made me feel weak (I'm a super sensitive person and can be really hard on myself), but having Lyme disease has definitely made me feel the most helpless and out of control which made me feel weak.


3. Where is one place you feel most like yourself? 
This is a difficult one because being in my room is a really safe place where I feel safe and can just be myself, but also being in nature makes me feel really in touch with myself and my thoughts. I think it's a balance between the two.


4. Where is your favourite place to escape to? 
Basically anywhere outside. I love the beach (not that I go very often because I don't live near) and just being surrounded by nature. Anywhere with flowers and trees and in a perfect world, Sun (but I do live in England so that is usually replaced with cloud).


5. Who do you think has had the largest influence on the person you are today?
I really can't think of anybody specific. All my family have influenced me in one way or another and I also have a couple really great friends that have influenced me a lot (even though I don't think they know it).


6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? 
Probably how ridiculously emotionally unstable I am. I literally cry at everything and it drives me insane. Either that or how unassertive I am. 


7. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
I really don't know. I think I would just go and do a ton of fun things with my family and eat great food. And probably pray a lot.


8. What decade do you feel you most belong in?
Maybe the 50s/60s. I love all the pretty dresses and how different relationships were then (as opposed to how digital they are now), but there are also a TON of things I prefer now especially with rights and everything.


9. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
I think generally my entire family is close, but I feel very lucky for the relationship between my siblings and myself. My little sister Asha and I have always had a particularly unique relationship (basically best friends) and my older sister Lauren and I are basically telepathic. I also have another sister (and some hilarious stories from when we were younger -the playmobil days) and 2 hilarious brothers who make me laugh all the time. Honestly, I think it varies though. I love them all ok.


10. Who is the one person in this world that knows you best?
Honestly, I think very few people really truly know me because I am quite a reserved and private person. But I am trying to be more open, even though it feels so unnatural.


11. What is your favourite quality about your best friend?
So I don't really have a single best friend, but my number one quality I look for in a friend is someone who always has your back, doesn't go gossiping behind your back and who isn't all wrapped up in being too 'cool' and takes life too seriously.


12. When you were younger what did you think you were going to be when you grew up?
It varied between an actress, singer, dancer, doctor and teacher. Then through the majority of my teenage years, I was pretty clueless.


13. If you could identify with one fictional character (from a book, show, or movie) who would it be? 
Ah, I can't pick just one! When it comes to books I think I identify with a lot of characters because you kind of end up pulling all of the similar characteristics from that character, or maybe that's just me. There isn't a particular show or movie character that springs to mind, but I LOVE Tris from Divergent (but I think that is just because she is badass and I want to be her) and the main girl in Brooklyn. I think I relate to her a bit because I desperately want to go and live in America but I don't want to leave all my family and friends behind, so that kind of tugs on my heart a little.


14. Do you easily accept compliments? Or do you hate compliments?
It depends entirely on my mood. I try to just accept them though.


15. Is your favourite attribute about yourself physical or non-physical?
I've been told I am a really nice and caring person, so if that is true, then that is my favourite attribute. 


16. What is your favourite physical attribute about yourself?
Wow, this question was way harder than I thought it would be! Umm, maybe the colour of my eyes... or the natural curls of my hair, but not the frizziness. 


17. What is your favourite non-physical attribute about yourself?
I like to think I am quite a bubbly person, so I will say that in hopes it is true!


18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Nope. I believe in attraction at first sight and chemistry, but not love.


19. Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes. I do, and I hope I am right. 


20. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
Not very seriously at all. I like to look at them every now and then and sometimes they seem pretty accurate, but they are usually very general statements so they can relate to most people.


21. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
I have never been in love. 


22. What makes you fall in love with someone?
Haha, I wouldn't know! I think just being entirely open and vulnerable with someone though, and having someone truly genuinely care about me.


23. What does vulnerability mean to you? What has the ability to make you vulnerable?
Vulnerability to me means to be completely open about your emotions and feelings, despite how scary it may be. I'm quite a closed private person, so I am still learning how to be vulnerable, but I think speaking to someone I feel emotionally and mentally safe around and just having courage. 


24. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a man, but really want to?
Oh I don't know, probably how his brain works, haha!


25. If you were a man for a day, what would be the first thing you do?
The thought of being a man, kind of creeps me out to be honest. I don't know, pee, walk around topless, enjoy being tall. 


26. What do you find most attractive in a potential partner?
KINDNESS. It's such a simple thing but it is honestly so rare to find real genuinely kind men, at least from my experience.


27. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
There is so much, I love learning new things! I desperately want to know more about space and neuroscience. I find both fascinating.


28. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
Again, there are so many things I want to do! A really basic one is to learn to play the piano and read music (working on this now!).


29. Why haven’t you done it yet?
I guess I haven't made it a priority. Plus it costs money. (I actually have now! Woo go me!).


30. If money didn’t matter, what would your dream job be?
Probably something in the film industry or something creative. Honestly, there are so many careers I would love to try out, I kind of wish I could be everything.


31. If you had off from work today, what would you do?
Go outside, take a bubble bath, watch a movie, spend time with friends and family, read a book... preferably not all at once though.


32. What was the last thing that made you cry?
I cry all the time. In fact, I cried twice today. At a movie and at a song. I am an emotional wreck 94% of the time.


33. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
My little brother. He is always making me laugh, even when he doesn't mean to.


34. What is your favourite memory?
Ok so there is no way I can pick just one, plus I have a terrible memory, especially when put on the spot. So I will just say sharing a hotel room with two of my sisters last summer (2016), that was super fun. 


35. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
I honestly have no idea. I feel like I am always making a fool of myself, but I don't really get embarrassed that easily. I can thank my dad for that, I have built up quite the tolerance for embarrassment!


36. What is your biggest fear?
Generally, probably failure and what people think of me. I think that is a pretty common fear, but I definitely let it control my life way more than I should. Then a more physical fear is infertility. The only thing I have ever been certain of is that one day I want babies. I wan't to adopt as well, but I would love to grow a human life.


37. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one? 
I try not to regret anything, but there are a few things I would have done differently. Mostly things I have said or a way I have acted, because I always beat myself up over the past, but I guess you learn from them or whatever.


38. Have you ever broken a law? If you haven’t what is one law you’d love to break?
I feel like I must have at some point accidentally, but never intentionally, as far as I am aware. I can't really think of a law I would like to break either. I'm too good.


39. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
See this is where my life starts to sound really dull because I can't think of a single crazy thing I have done. I generally don't like doing anything that makes me uncomfortable or unsafe so... there is still time!


40. Would you have a conversation with a stranger?
Absolutely! I love having good conversations with strangers and finding out about their life story.


41. Would you tell a stranger they have toilet paper hanging from their shoe? Or their dress tucked into their underwear? (Or anything else that is embarrassing to be seen in public)?
For sure. I always think that if I was in that situation, then I would want to know, so it's only fair I do the same.


42. What’s your favorite joke?
I am for sure the worst joke teller ever. I literally don't know any (other than a knock knock joke... Knock Knock... who's there?... Boo ... Boo who? ... Don't cry it's only me.... I told you it's bad) and I am not funny enough to create my own.


43. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person. I have both cats and dogs, and love them all. But generally cats scratch me and dogs cuddle me so... 


44. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
Either a dog (because people would pet and cuddle me and feed me treats) or an elephant (because they are beautiful and smart and have big ears) or a dolphin (same reasons as the elephant minus the ears) or I don't know. I think to be any animal would be a pretty cool experience.


45. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
I mean there are quite a few shows, movies and books that I feel like I should be embarrassed to enjoy, but whatever, I like what I like.


46. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?
Innocent, cute, geeky. 


47. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?
Probably my primary school days. I want to see if I really was as innocent as I like to think I was.


48. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
God? Does that count? And I believe in 'vibes' and 'energy' which probably makes me sound hippy to some people.


49. What’s one thing you would say that makes you unique from other people?
Maybe just my morals and general outlook on life. I feel like I have quite a rare and unique view on things that not many seem to share. 


50. What is one thing you feel your life is missing? 
I don't know why this is so difficult to answer! It's missing something, I will let you know when I find out what that is. 


So there we have 50 facts about me! It feels kind of crazy to be sharing so much in one post, but here is to vulnerability!

I don't think was originally a 'tag' but I think I am going to make it one! I tag you! If you are reading this, answer the questions then comment the link so I can go and read it! I also tag my friend and fellow blogger 'Emma' .

Thanks for reading,

Holly X


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig