Wednesday 17 February 2016

Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup.


Sweet Potatoes are one of my all time favourite foods and I am pretty obsessed. In fact, I am actually eating sweet potato fries right now! There is so much you can do with them, they taste amazing and are actually good for you! What's not to love?

So, the other day, with my deep love for sweet potatoes, I decided to make my very own sweet potato and red pepper soup! It was pretty magical if I say so myself. Word of warning though... it's deliciously addictive.


We are lucky in that we have a soup maker in our home. I totally recommend getting one if you love soup like I do. It makes soup making super simple and does all of the work for you On top of that, it can be used for way more than just soups. For example, you can also boil eggs, make smoothies e.c.t. It is pretty damn cool if you ask me. However, if you don't own a soup maker, you can roast the veg, blend and then simmer (so I hear, I can't say I have actually tried this technique). 



I used a recipe on Pinterest for inspiration but adapted it to be more my taste. On with the recipe...

Ingredients: 
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut small
1 red pepper, cut small
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, cut small
1 vegetable oxo stock cube, dissolved in water
salt and pepper
A pinch of sage
A pinch of basil

Method:
1.Add all ingredients to the soup maker. 
2.Turn On and press smooth.
3.Leave until the machine beeps, signaling finish. 

Yes, it really is that easy.


This has to be one the quickest, simplest and more delicious soup recipes I have even tasted. I was beyond happy with how this tasted and 1000% recommend giving this a go.

The following week, when I had devoured this batch, I decided to make another load but with carrot instead of the pepper. Also very delicious.

So here we have it, my all-time favourite soup. I hope you give this a go because it really is amazing. If you do, I'd love to hear what you thought about it. 

Thanks for reading!

Holly X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig