Monday 26 September 2016

Cowden Support Programme || Week 2


I can't believe that I have already finished week 2 of the CSP! It's been a little rough but I am beyond excited for when it's over and I have my health back. For anybody new to my blog here is my post about getting diagnosed with Lyme disease, and here is my post  about week 1 of the Cowden support programme. Today I wanted to share and reflect upon week 2 of the programme and my experience through this whole journey. Week 2 has definitely had it's difficult moments but looking from a general sense, I am 100% seeing improvements in my health which is so so reassuring. I still have a long long way to go but I am feeling very hopeful with how things are going. 

Throughout week 2, I wrote down each day how I was feeling so I could document this entire process. Here is what my week looked like...



Day 8-
Today wasn't too bad. I had the majority of the same symptoms as yesterday but not quite as strong. Still unpleasant but more bearable for sure. However, today I struggled to drink the about of water needed for the programme. I'm still trying to get used to drinking this much water and it's proving a little harder than anticipated.

Day9-
I actually have a little energy this morning! HALLELUJAH! This meant I was able to get out of bed and go about some rather mundane tasks (Shower, Change the bedding e.t.c) that were simply thrilling...but needed to be done. I still have a subtle headache and my eyes are being a bit of an issue. I also seem to be having some issues with brain fog. By the afternoon my knee pain, nausea, extreme fatigue and headaches all returned. 

Day 10-
Fatigue has been my most problematic and consistent symptom throughout my illness. Although still present and debilitating, it was better today than the past few weeks. I was able to get out of bed for a few hours which was a nice improvement. I also started taking the adrenal support medication, recommended in the programme for extreme fatigue so I am excited to see how that works for me. Besides that, I have only had a little joint and muscle pain and then my loving headache too. Not too bad! *I then proceeded to feel horrible just before I went to bed*

Day 11-
I woke this morning feeling the usual symptoms but not half as bad as they have been. Again, it is mainly the fatigue I am having issues with but I have been up and out of bed all morning so I would say that is a success! Unfortunately, by about 2pm I crashed and spent the remaining part of the day exhausted, in pain and just feeling like poop. It was nice to have spent the morning feeling okay, though.

Day 12-
I am definitely seeing improvements in my health. I managed to make it all the way until 4pm before I crawled into my bed! That has to be some sort of record for me lately. I even managed to get a few chores/errands done which was really nice.

Day 13- 
The morning was a little rough, feeling exhausted and in pain, but I perked up by about 3pm. I was shattered by the time I went to bed but was struggling to fall asleep. Hoping this is just a one-off situation. 

Day 14-
Woke up feeling extra exhausted and with a nasty headache but this all settled down within an hour. Managed to get out the house which was so so nice but had to pay for it a little later. Unfortunately, the sleeping issue returned. However, it wasn't quite so bad this time. 

So there we have my week 2 experience with the CSP! As you can see, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster but I still feel very encouraged by results I am seeing. I just hope it is all worth it!

Until next week,

Holly Xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig