Tuesday 27 August 2019

University Packing List - Holly's Declassified Uni Survival Guide


HAPPY ALMOST BACK TO SCHOOL!! 
While I know school/ college/ university can be a not so happy time for some people, I always got really excited about the back to school prep. Buying new clothes and stationery and getting organised, I love it all. This year I have decided to attempt a little blog series of back to school posts giving all my tips, tricks and advice to prepare us for the new academic year so we can make this the best year yet. I give to you - 'Holly's Declassified Uni Survival Guide'. 


I am a (soon to be) second-year university student at the University of Nottingham, so today I thought I would share my ultimate university packing list that I used last year. Now I should warn you I am quite the over-packer and I am big on creating a comforting space to live in (all about that aesthetic) but I have tried to keep the list as relevant as possible. I lived in an ensuite catered room my first year so this list was designed with that in mind, however, I am sure you can adapt it for your own needs.


With that in mind, I give you the ultimate packing list! Happy packing!



CLOTHES

Tops
Dresses
Jeans
Trousers
Shorts
Skirts
Sweaters
PJs
Underwear
'Dressy' clothes
1 Formal outfit
Casual wear
Fancy dress (optional)
Gym clothes
Swimwear
Raincoat
Umbrella
Winter coat
Shoes
Hats/scarf/glove (optional)
Jewellery



DOCUMENTS

Accommodation documents
Bank details
Driving license
Insurance documents
National insurance number (UK)
Passport
University offer letter
Student loan detail


HEALTH

Supplements
Painkillers
Medication (prescribed)
First aid kit
Allergy meds
Cold/ flu relief
Hot/cold pack
Suncream 
Glasses



LEISURE

Camera
Games/ Pack of cards
Headphones
Books


STATIONARY/ UNI STUFF

Dictionary (optional) 
Backpack/ Bag
Calculator (optional)
Planner/Agenda
Stapler 
Staples
Staple remover
Ruler
Relevant textbooks (if 100% necessary)
Highlighters
Scissors
Glue
Pins for board
Sticky back labels 
Plastic wallets
Post-it notes
Pens
Pencils 
Pencil sharpener 
Paperclips
Stamps
Envelopes 
Binder per subject
Notebook per subject (optional - dependent on study style)
Plain paper 
USB stick
Laptop + bag


BATHROOM (ensuite)

1 large towel
1 medium towel
1 hand towel
Small storage unit for bathroom
2 flannels
Shower basket 
Bath mat
Toothbrush + holder
Hand soap for the sink
Nail stuff
Hairbrush
Razor 
Razor heads


BEDROOM

Blanket/Throw 
Duvet
2 pillows
2x duvet sets (including sheet)
Cushions
Rug
Diffuser
Photos/ posters
Doorstop
Laundry bin 
Desk lamp
Organiser
 Extension cord 
Underbed storage
Anything sentimental


So there we have my ultimate university packing list. I think it is inevitable you will pack somethings you never need and forget some things too, but that is all part of it!

I hope this was helpful and keep your eyes peeled for my next post in my uni guide series- advice for freshers (subscribe so you don't miss it!). Speak soon!

Holly X









                                          SHARE:

                                          No comments

                                          Post a Comment

                                          Blogger templates by pipdig