Friday 20 July 2018

Serris, Paris.

As mentioned in a previous post, I am transferring my blog posts from the last year (they were on a different site) so here is number 2 of 9! Enjoy!
This was originally posted on 12/04/2017.




On the 20th March 2017 I had the pleasure of going to Paris on the Eurostar. I have always wanted to travel and finally after 18 months of being chronically ill, I was able to. My friend Hannah and I planned started planning the trip about 6 weeks before we left so it was fairly last minute and we had the whole trip planned and booked within days. We didn't intend for the trip to be so soon (although we were obviously very happy about not having to wait too long to go) but there was an offer on Disneyland tickets that ended at the end of March so we figured, why not!

The trip was 10 days long. We spent three days at Disneyland and then a week in central Paris. However, it goes without saying that Disneyland is expensive. We got the tickets at a decent price because of the offer. However, there was no way we could afford to actually stay at Disneyland so we decided to rent an Air B&B (Use my code- www.airbnb.co.uk/c/hollys7175) in Serris, the area just outside Disney. The Air B&B we chose was kind of between two metro stations (the only form of transport we used) so our host came and met us to walk us to the apartment. This was super helpful, especially considering this is the first real alone trip we had both done so it was all a bit overwhelming at times. Anyway, our host was THE nicest host you could have asked for (Shoutout to Calvin!) and met us at the metro, walked us to the apartment telling us about the local area as we walked and really went out of his way to accommodate us. He was the best.

Okay, there was one floor to Calvin... he walked SO FAST. I used to be a relatively fast walker but since being sick I have got really out of shape, meaning I no longer walk fast. Especially while lugging a suitcase with a broken wheel and a marry Poppins handbag. Hannah also happens to be a super speedy walker so trying to keep up with them both was a workout. I was sweating... a lot. It even got to the point where I just gave up chasing after them and took my time strolling through the shopping centre we had to walk through, window shopping all of the shops. Occasionally when they had realised I was wayyyy behind, you would just see a little Calvin pop around the corner waving at me. It was quite hilarious. 

So that's my little story for this post!  Now the area we stayed in, Serris, was absolutely beautiful. All of the buildings were stunning and there was this gorgeous lake you could watch the sunset over as we walked home from Disney. Everything about the area was just gorgeous so I thought I would share some of my favourite pics we took from the area. Enjoy!


The architecture in Serris was so beautiful.

You can't really tell from this photo but these doors were massive. It was pretty cool.

I was literally obsessed with all these buildings.

This was the pretty lake I was talking about. Ft. me being really happy that the sun was shining.

The area we stayed was the perfect combination of city style buildings and yet still being surrounded by nature. It was perfect.

So there we have some of my fav pics from Serris and a funny little story too! I have a ton more Paris Pics to share and a load more funny stories so stay tuned if you want to see those. I also filmed a lot of the trip so check out my Youtube channel for the vlogs.

Thank you so much for reading,
Have a lovely day and I will speak to you very soon,
Holly X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig