Saturday 24 December 2016

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.


Christmas is by far my favourite holiday of the year. I start feeling the Christmas spirit months before everybody else it would appear, yes I said months, and so it seems crazy to think that it is Christmas tomorrow! Despite my weeks and weeks of preparation, I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that Christmas has arrived already! None the less, I am still very very excited. 


I feel that in the modern day, Christmas had become much more materialistic. I must admit that even I can get wrapped up in all the gift buying, but here is a gentle reminder to take a step back and remember the true meaning of Christmas. Spend time with friends and family,  appreciate what you have and help those who have less. 

I really try and focus on spending actual quality time with family at this time of year. Although I still live with my family and see most of them most days, we are often all wrapped up in our own lives or technology. The other day, one of my younger brothers and I decided to make gingerbread houses. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be but we did our best and had a lovely time making it.

Along with all my excitement for Christmas, I am also mentally preparing for the new year. 2016 has been pretty rough for me personally and with a new year on the horizon, now seems like the perfect time to start a 'fresh start' so to speak and to really look into where I want my life to be heading.

So here is a final reminder to remember the true meaning of Christmas and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year. 

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 

Holly X
 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig