Monday 9 January 2017

My 4 Favourite Read's from Last Year.


Being the bookworm I am, I am always on the hunt for new books to read. Therefore, I thought that today I would share with you all my top 4 books that I read last year. Although I will read practically any book, the 'young adult' genre is my favourite, so unsurprisingly my top 4 are YA. 



You've most likely heard of some of these books but I just HAD to include them. These are the 4 books that I enjoyed the most, reading most of them in a week. So without further ado, I give you my 4 'must reads' for 2017!



'Everything Everything'

"Maddy is allergic to the world. 
She hasn't left her house in seventeen years.
Olly is the boy next door.
He's determined to find a way to reach her.
Everything Everything is about 
the crazy risks we take for love."

I had heard great things about this book, but it was even better than I could have expected. I read this book when I was on holiday in Eygpt last summer and I literally couldn't put it down. It's one of those books that is such an easy read and you really get emotionally attached to everyone involved. It is thoroughly addictive, beautifully written and I just fell in love with the characters. Highly recommend this gorgeous book.

'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time'

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is a murder
 mystery novel like no other. The detective, and narrator, is Christopher 
Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows 
a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He 
loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown
 and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road 
on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on 
a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down."

I believe I received this book as a gift the year before but only got around to reading it last summer. This book was different than any book that I had read before and I really really enjoyed it. It was written so wonderfully, and from such a unique perspective that really opened my eyes. This book is honestly so beautiful and definitely worth a read.

'Looking for Alaska'

"Alaska Young. Gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, screwed up - 
and utterly fascinating. Miles Halter could not be more in
love with her. But when tragedy strikes, Miles discovers the
value and the pain of living and loving unconditionally."

John Green is a brilliant author in my eyes and he didn't let me down. I was absolutely addicted to this book from start to finish. I was completely invested in the story and it took me on a rollercoaster of emotions. There were unexpected twists that took me by surprise as well as gentle moments that touched my heart. Once again, a stunning book from Mr. Green.

'Saint Anything'

"Peyton, Sydney's charismatic older brother, has always been the star of the family, receiving the lion's share of their parents' attention and - lately - concern. When Peyton's increasingly reckless behavior culminates in an accident, a drunk driving conviction, and a jail sentence, Sydney is cast adrift, searching for her place in the family and the world. When everyone else is so worried about Peyton, is she the only one concerned about the victim of the accident? Enter the Chathams, a warm, chaotic family who run a pizza parlor, play bluegrass on weekends and pitch in to care for their mother, who has multiple sclerosis. Here Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance. And here she meets Mac: gentle, watchful, and protective, who makes Sydney feel seen, really seen, for the first time."

Sarah Dessen is definitely one of my go-to authors when it comes to easy reads. I love her writing style and beautiful love stories that I easily read in a day. Every single book of hers that I have read, I have devoured in a day. She has a way of sucking you into the story until you look up and realise you have been sat there reading for hours, it's magic I swear. 'Saint Anything' was yet another addictively amazing book by Dessen and I highly recommend to anybody else who loves an easy read YA romance.


So there we have my top 4 reads from last year. If you're on the hunt for a new book, I highly recommend giving these books a go. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for reading,

Holly X 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig