Tuesday 27 January 2015

It is OKAY to love yourself.

It appears to me that the majority of people do not love themselves. It sounds a little weird, saying it like that but is true none the less. 

In today's society, if you 'love yourself' then you are labelled as 'big-headed' and 'vain'. I have been in situations when someone has said something along the lines of "My hair looks nice today." or "My butt looks great in these jeans." and people immediately react by calling them vain. 

I don't know when being happy became such a sin but I think its barbaric. It breaks my heart to see young children, thinking that it is bad to love yourself, picking out all of their flaws. The reality is that every single person is flawed, despite what you think of them. But why is that such a bad thing? It is OKAY to have flaws. It is OKAY to love yourself. However, it is NOT OKAY to tell someone that it is wrong to think that way because everybody has imperfections and faults but if you learn to love your faults and you will be a much happier person. 

Sorry, this was such a short (and badly written) post, it's just something I have been thinking about today and wanted to share my thoughts on. 

Now go away, learn to love yourself and be happy.

Holly X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig