Wednesday 14 January 2015

What I am currently reading


As I have mentioned before, I love books. Reading is a very enjoyable hobby of mine that I intend on keeping for a long time. So, I thought I would share what I am reading currently and my thoughts on the book so far.

The book I am reading at the moment is 'The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared'. Now that is one heck of a title! I am only on page 62 of 394 but I feel like now would be a good time to share my options and then once I have finished reading I will give a review and see how my opinion changes. 

Here are my first impressions...

1- It moves on pretty quickly.  
I feel like despite only being 62 pages in, a lot has happened so far and I have found that pretty difficult to keep up. Now I think this is only an issue because I have been reading it for a long time instead of regularly. I have been pretty busy and not reading very often meaning I often forget who is who and what is happening. I don't think this would be as much of an issue if I read it more regularly. 

2- I love the main character.
I am in love with the old man 'Allan Karlsson'. I generally am a fan of most old characters but I just love his personality in particular. I find his character to be so upbeat and rather alert despite his age. He also just gets on with things and doesn't let life bring him down, and I think that is fab. If I were to meet Allan, I think we would get on like a house on fire.

3- I have a bad memory. 
Like I mentioned earlier, I keep forgetting their names. I think because it moves on so quickly, it makes it harder to remember the names, but that might just be me and my bad memory. Typically in books, when you get introduced to a character you find out a lot of information at the start and then you put a name to this image you have created in your head. Yet in this book, I feel like you are given more information as you go along which does confuse me a little but hopefully this issue will solve itself as I continue the story.

All in all, I am really enjoying this book and can't wait to read more of it.

Holly x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig