Friday 31 July 2015

The Girl With All The Gifts - M.R.Carey.


Hello and happy Friday! I hope that you have had a good week. If you haven't then well done for making it through. For today's post, I wanted to do an almost book review. I don't really like using the word review but I guess it is more about me sharing my thoughts and opinions as oppose to a formal review. So with that said... let's get on with it.

I started reading this book quite a few weeks or even months ago. However, I actually purchased this book a little while ago on one of my book shopping sprees I believe and only got around to reading it recently. There are some books that I can read within days because they are such an easy read. However, there are others that take me a little longer, like this one, due to being busy as well as the book needing a little more of my focus. I don't want to go and give away the storyline but here is the blurb...

"Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh."

This novel was surprisingly thrilling, thought-provoking and just pure genius. 
It takes a concept that has been attempted by many and took an entirely new approach to it, in my opinion. The characters, storyline, and setting were thought out really well as well as being very well written. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, even though it took me longer to read that usual. I may even go as far as to say that the storyline is one of the best I have ever read.

I don't want to say too much more, as I don't want to ruin it for anybody. However, I will recommend that you go and purchase this book as I absolutely loved it. 

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! 

Holly X

p.s- Sorry that this post is a bit mysterious and secretive but I just don't want to give anything away.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig