Monday 3 August 2015

Other people's thoughts are none of your business.



Hello, and welcome to a brand new week! I hope that you had a lovely weekend and are feeling refreshed. 

For today's post, I wanted to talk about this little saying above. It wasn't until about a year ago that I heard this (well I may have heard it before but I never really listened). However, since then I started hearing it all of the time and it just really stood out to me. It gave me an entirely new perspective and outlook on this topic and in result makes me much happier.

I am 99.9% sure that all of us have at least once in our life been offended or hurt by what somebody else thinks of us. We often aim to please people and enjoy being liked by people. However, no matter how many people enjoy your company and like you, it is always that one who doesn't that stays in your mind. Personally, I am quite a sensitive person (something that has many positives and negatives). However, because of this I often take things that other people think/say very very personally. If someone were to say to me "You look weird", then I automatically believe that I am weird. That's it. They say it so it must be true. Stupid. 

It often takes me a little while to stop and actually think about it before realising how silly I am being. Just because somebody say's something, it doesn't mean that it is true. If someone were to tell me that I was an elephant, I wouldn't suddenly believe them. I know I am not an elephant so who cares what they think? The thoughts that enter somebody else's mind is honestly none of your business. They could be thinking about what they had for breakfast but do you care? No, because you are busy thinking about yourself and what you want for breakfast. Sure, that may have been a kind of strange analogy but you get the idea. What somebody is thinking, is not your business. What somebody else thinks of you is not fact, and not your business. And in the same way, what you think about somebody else, is not their business. Don't you like her hair? So what? It is not your hair and just because you think that, doesn't make it true. 

Now I am getting distracted (surprise surprise!) but basically, I just wanted to say that you do not have to believe what anybody else says about you. YOU have the power to control your thoughts (to a certain degree). What you think of yourself is the only opinion that matters and I believe helps to define you as a person. 

I think now would be a good time to end the post, but I hope all that I have said makes sense. I hope that you go and tackle this new week with happiness remembering that what other people think is none of your business.

Thank you for reading,

Holly X



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig