Tuesday 17 July 2018

Long time no see.

Hello my dear little blog! Oh how I have missed you. Turns out I haven't posted on here in oh just 17 months... no biggy. I started this little blog back in 2013 and well I have been neglecting it. Unfortunately I got a little consumed with life (it happens to the best of us) but oh boy am I glad to be back. I was a little hesitant to get back to blogging, but I know its the right thing to do (mainly because I am all tingly with excitement as well as a little scared - the recipe for success!). 



So where have a been? Well since February 2017 ALOT went down. I finished my treatment for Lyme disease (the cowden support protocol) and IT WORKED! It took months and months of hard word but we made it. I kicked some Lyme disease ass! I worked more on my photography business and learnt alot. There were lots of challenges (as there are with any new endevour) but I am all the wiser for it. With my new business, I also created a new website where I occasionally blogged (I am transfering these posts to this site soon so keep your eyes peeled!) but now I have decided to keep my blogging here in one place. With my health improving I was also able to do more and actually start living. I realised that I wanted to persue further education and so decided to take some additional A-levels. 

I had completed my original A-levels while suffering with Lyme and so it probably goes without saying that my results were not a reflection of my true abilities. I had passed but I wasn't satisfied. So, being the crazy person I am, I decided to complete 2 whole A-level in about 7/8 months... yep, I am mental. Anybody who took A-levels will know the stress and the amount of work needed. It was rough... but we did it. I took my exams this last June. During this time I also applied to University! I am a complete nerd and I love learning. I want to know more and further my education. It never felt right for me before between being so unwell it was impossible, not finding the right course and just bad timing, it was never on the cards. Yet finally it felt right. I found a course that seems to be tailor made for me, a university I am in love with and finally it just felt right (I am big on gut feelings). 

So I guess that brings us to know. Going to the uni of my dreams all depends on August 16th when I get my results. I need As to get in and while I know I worked so hard, exams are so unpredictable (and a completely barbaric way of testing... but that's another post). I felt like overall my exams went ok. They could have gone better but they went ok. Well, except for my last exam, which I am terrified about. One thing I am yet to mention is that I am currently not in the best health. I feel pretty certain it is not Lyme related (although that ever present fear does loom... again, that's another post) but we are still trying to get to the bottom of it so I will put off writing about it until then. Anyway, this health issue massively effected my ability to study since around Feb 2018. So about 2/3rds of my course were impacted by my health, as was my studying prior to exams. The majority of my exams were not too bad considering this. However, the days before and the day of my last exam, I was in bad shape. I was in pain, exhausted and felt like I was going to throw up constantly, and so almost inevitably, that the last exam was a mess. I just hope and pray and beg that I get the grades... I don't even want to consider the alternative. Any good vibes, thoughts, prayers e.t.c are welcomed... in fact they're encouraged.

I feel like I have so much more to say and to catch you up on, but I think I have waffled on for long enough in one post. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post. I will speak to you very soon!

Holly X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig