Tuesday 24 July 2018

Nip + Fab Serum Shot Review.

As mentioned in a previous post, I am transferring my blog posts from the last year (they were on a different site) so here is number 4 of 9! Enjoy!
This was originally posted on 22/06/2017.

Over the last year or so my skin has been the worst it has ever been. I think its down to a couple of factors. First, there is my age. I am only 19 so having bad skin isn't all too uncommon. I've never had particularly great skin but this last year or two has been an all time worst for me. Secondly, there is skincare products. I've always taken my skincare routine pretty seriously but sometimes these products can actually make your skin worse as appose to better. Unfortunately everybody's skin is different so what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next. New products can irritate your skin and sometimes even those old go-to products just don't work for you anymore. You skin changes throughout your life so sometimes it's time to try something else. Finally, and I think the main culprit for my skin issues, is detoxing. I got sick 2 years ago and starting last September, I was on a 7 month natural protocol to treat my disease. ALOT of this protocol is based on detoxing so it only makes sense for my skin to reflect that. My skin was at it's very worst last October and has left me with some rather unwanted acne scars. A final note to make would be that stress can be shown through the skin as well. For me, this troubled skin period happened when I got sick. I.e- the most stressful time of my life. 

So it goes without saying that problem skin can be down to a huge number of factors including genetics too. It's because of this that I found it particularly difficult to get my skin under control. When there are so many different factors that play into it, how do you know what to change? My skin is still pretty troubled but its getting a lot better finally (anybody interested in a skincare favourites?), and having recently purchased these two products, I noticed an almost immediate difference in the overall look and feel of my skin. So of course I had to dedicate a blog post to them!

So here we have two of the 'Nip + Fab Serum Shot's'. I was shopping online for some new skincare as I was running rather low and wanted to try out some new products in hopes of improving my skin, then I came across the Nip + Fab range. I had seen this brand before but never really thought to try it. However, there was an amazing offer on and the more I looked into it the more I liked the sound of these products. So I figured why not, and I got them. There are quite a few different products in their range and even a good selection of these 'shot's'. I decided to go for the shot's as I liked the idea of adding them to my moisturiser and making them last longer. Serums are also a go-to for me at the moment as I have found them so much nicer on my skin. I also thought they looked really cute! What wasn't to love? 

Okay so I have waffled on enough. Let's get on with the review!


'DRAGON'S BLOOD FIX HYALURONIC SHOT'


First up we have the 'Dragon's blood'. This shot contains...

- Dragons blood (a sap found in the Croton Lechleri tree in the Amazon) : 
Prevents environmental damage to the skin
Motivates skin cell regeneration
Inhibits inflammation 
Reduces redness

-Hyaluronic acid
Maintains skin plumpness
Super-hydrating
Helps to reduce fine lines/wrinkles
Soften/smooth skin for a radiant complexion

Sounds pretty amazing right? I have been doing some more skin research lately and came to the conclusion that my skin care must haves had to be something good for cell regeneration, reducing redness as I have rather red skin and plumping the skin. All of these would just help my skin to look and feel healthier. I couldn't believe when I read this and discovered that this product had my must have qualities as well as more! But did it live up to these expectations?

I am glad to say that it has! I add two drops of this to my daily moisturiser every morning and noticed a difference almost immediately. After using this my skin looks brighter, plumper and smoother, giving my skin a much healthier glow. With regards to the acne, I have only been using these products for about a week so it's still too early to say. Although I have noticed that any blemishes have reduced in size and redness, and my skin is starting to clear up. However, this could also be down to the next product which is...


'GLYCOLIC FIX RADIANCE SHOT' 



The second shot I have been using is the 'Glycolic fix'. This shot contains...

- Glycolic acid: 
Retextures/resurfaces the skin
Smoother, softer and radiant skin.

-Fruit acids: 
Stimulates skin cell renewal
Skin appears younger and fresher

- Amino acid derivatives: 
Reduces the appearance of pigmentation

The main thing that drew me to this product was the Glycolic acid. During my research I discovered that Glycolic acid is really good for acne scars and giving you smoother skin. With my skin, I feel like acne scars and the texture of my skin are half (if not more) of the problem. So when I read this I was super excited to give it a go. I use two drops of this product every evening in my night cream. 

I feel like with this type of product, you have to give it a few weeks to really see if it's working. Acne scars are not going to disappear over night after all. However, despite saying that, I feel like I am already seeing improvements. My skin looks a lot smoother and any blemishes are quickly dissolved as I mentioned before. It will be interesting to see if/how my skin continues to improve. Maybe I could do a little skin care update in a few weeks to see if it has improved? 

This product also helps with cell renewal and giving more radiant skin, two of my skincare must-have features. All in all, I am super impressed with these products so far and I can't wait to see if they continue to amaze me (I hope they do!).


Having tried these products for no more that a week, I am thoroughly impressed so far. My skin already appears to look brighter, smoother and all around healthier. They are very easy to use and you only need a small amount of product each time. Price wise they were definitely a little more expensive than my usual price, especially for a serum. That being said, having received the product I think it is a very reasonable price. The products themselves were bigger than I was expecting and you only need the smallest amount per use. The results have been very encouraging and I would definitely repurchase again, even without the 'up to 50% off' sale I found them in. 

All in all, I am really impressed with these products. Hopefully they continue to impress me over the next few weeks.

What are you skin-care must have features? 

Thanks for reading!

Holly Xx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig