Tuesday 4 August 2015

Grapefruits and Sweet Potatoes.


So for those of you who know me personally, you may be aware of my obsession with sweet potatoes. I always avoided them when I was younger because they looked different and way too scary to try. However, one day I plucked up the courage to try them and never looked back. It was only to my great surprise when I discovered that they actually have a ton of health benefits too! Recently, upon my quest to be a little healthier, I was browsing Pinterest when I stumbled upon the amazing health benefits of grapefruits too. Being a lover of fruit I decided to add grapefruits into my diet and now each them most mornings when I can. So, for today's post I wanted to go over some of these benefits and share them with you.  Here are my top 3 health benefits of these foods...

Sweet Potatoes:
1- They have super high fibre!
With almost twice as much fibre as other potatoes, they are much slower burning.Bonus!

2- They are high in vitamins!
This includes vitamin B6 (helpful in reducing degenerative diseases), vitamin C (great for disease prevention), vitamin D (good for the immune system) and vitamin E (good for healthy skin and eyes). However, the best one in my opinion is the Vitamin A. A sweet potato provides you with your entire daily recommendation of vitamin A (useful in the prevention of cancer). These are just a few of the benefits of these vitamins but the list is endless!!

3- They help to keep to fuller for longer!
Sweet potatoes are a good source of manganese, meaning that not only do they help keep your body healthy, but they also help to stabilise your appetite helping you not to overeat! 

Grapefruits:
1- They are extremely rich in Vitamin C. 
This comes with a ton of benefits including better skin, better immunity and arguably reducing the risk of some cancers. 

2- They help to lower cholesterol.
Now I am no genius, but anything that helps to lower cholesterol must be good right? 

3- They are super hydrating!
Not quite as hydrating as watermelon but not too far away either, With so many of us being dehydrated, eating hydrating foods can be a great way to get that little extra water.

So there we have just a few of my favourite health benefits from these foods. I don't claim to be a nutritionist or anything like that. I just have been trying to eat healthier and getting to know what you're eating is very interesting I think.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and found it as interesting as I did.

Thanks for reading,

Holly X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig