Friday 7 August 2015

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Face cream.


Hello and happy Friday! I hope that you have had a lovely week and are looking forward to the weekend. For today's post, I wanted to talk about a product that I have been loving recently, the Superdrug Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum. 

I purchased this product a couple of weeks ago, kind of on a whim to be honest. I was just browsing around Superdrug, wishing I could buy all of the makeup, when I stumbled upon the Superdrug Naturally Radiant products. I had never heard about any of these products before, in fact, I don't think I had ever really seen these products before. However, when I did and realised they were on sale, I decided to take a look. 

 The packaging didn't stand out all too much to me and honestly, I tend to avoid own branded items. I'm not a 'brandy' type of person, in fact, the cheaper the better in my opinion. However, from past experience, I have found that own branded face items haven't worked for me, so I choose to save up a little and buy from other brands (still high street brands for the most part, though). Typically, I wouldn't have thought twice about buying this product. However, on this day there was a sale. Typically this would have been about £6. Now although £6 is still a very reasonable price,  for an own brand product I personally wouldn't have bothered. Yet with the sale, it came to about £3 I believe. 

Now, of course, being £3, I kind of figured you couldn't go wrong, yet I still wouldn't have typically purchased this. I would rather of spend that £3 on some nail polish. However, when I read the description of the product I was sold. This product claims that your skin instantly feels moisturised and looks radiant. After one week your skin will feel softer, smoother, more refreshed and energised. After four weeks your skin texture will appear refined and tone appears evened out and enhance. Now I have only been using this for about two weeks, however, I can confirm that the first two claims appear to be true on my skin. 

When I first used this product I was very impressed with just how soft my skin felt. It gave my skin a super velvety texture and I LOVED it. I was very impressed with how quickly it gave me this smooth feeling and found that the feeling lasted the entire day. I also noticed that my skin did, in fact, look a little brighter than before. Having been ill I was looking a little drab I felt, but this product has definitely helped me to look a little more alive.  

Besides the obvious physical effects that this product has had on my skin, I really enjoy the texture of the actual cream. I think that this may be due to it being partially a serum. In the past, the word 'serum' has kind of driven me away. I immediately think of an oily and sticky substance, definitely something that I wouldn't want on my skin. However, this product, a cross between moisturiser and serum, has a super soft and velvety texture that isn't sticky at all. 

In terms of the ingredients in this product, there are four main plant extracts that provide these facial benefits. Firstly, there is Kiwi fruit extract. This claims to help brighten and even out skin tone due to the levels of vitamin C. Next, we have the Mulberry fruit extract. This claims to hold strong brightening properties also, as well as reducing discolouration. Fruit acids are next claiming to naturally exfoliate and refine skin surface. Finally, we have the Sugar Beet extract claiming to be a natural moisturiser. I love that this product holds so many natural plant benefits. Of course, there are also many other ingredients in this product, but I love how nature provides all of these amazing benefits for our skin. In the future, I would love to try some extremely natural products so any recommendations are welcomed. 

All in all, I am very pleased with this purchase for the times being. The fact that this product is anti-animal cruelty too makes me very happy. Maybe I will write an update post in a couple of weeks, letting you know if I am still loving this product and if the claims prove truthful. Another product I have been recommended by a friend is the Simple vitamin cream. Being a HUGE simple fan, I hope to be giving this product a try too! 

Okay, I will stop rambling now and let you enjoy your Friday. 

Thanks for reading, 
Holly X


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig