Wednesday 26 August 2015

Next Home Decor Haul

My bedroom is currently undergoing a makeover. I am the kind of person that is always wanting to move around my bedroom or decorate items, maybe I have a creative streak ? However, this time, I was allowed to completely redo my bedroom. This includes painting, having a built in wardrobe and even a couple of new furniture items (not new but new to me). This meant that the other day, whilst browsing through the Next home décor section, I actually could purchase some items. This made me a very happy bunny because home décor shopping is one of my favourite types of shopping! As well as shopping home décor, I also love viewing others home décor. Therefore, I thought I would dedicate a post to my home décor haul and share it with you... enjoy! 




The first thing that I purchased was this cushion. Now I absolutely love cushions! People always joke around about how much women love their cushions, but I honestly do! They just make an area look so cosy and comfy as well as adding a decorative touch. Now my room is painted 3 walls grey and one wall a light/minty green (I say minty because the paint was originally meant to be mint green. However it doesn't actually look very minty... but I still love it!). However, yellow is one of my favourite colours and I wanted to add a little more colour to my room as it was looking a little dark (I don't get masses of light through my window), so I decided I would attempt to add elements of yellow as you will see throughout this post. In order to do this, however, I needed an item that would incorporate all three of these colours. There was a beautiful picture that did this, but it was too big and I would have nowhere to put it. Then I came across this cushion, fell in love and threw it in the basket. It's the perfect size for my chair and I love the picture on it. I absolutely love this cushion and am super happy with this purchase. 



Next, up I got these long twigs with yellow flowers (I am not the best at describing things). I have always wanted some kind of tall plant to put in my room and when I came across this, it was perfect! As mentioned above, I was trying to incorporate a little yellow into the mix and not only did this have elements of yellow, it also fitted into my room theme perfectly. I then came across this very simple vase and thought it was perfect for my new plant feature. I originally intended to go for the clear vase as I thought the grey would be too dark. However, it turns out that this colour was perfect. It's practically clear, just with a tint to the glass and I love it! I think that this feature is perfect for my room and adds an element of elegance. I am already thinking of ways I can use this to decorate for the holidays!




A little while back I purchased a few mini cacti (which you can read about here) and have been looking for a better way to keep them ever since. The other day I came across the idea of using a jar and filling it with sand and stones. So, with this in mind, I began looking for a little tray and jars. However, there was nothing that fit this category in the store. That's when my mum found these adorable little mugs. They fit my room theme (which is kind of all over the place but looks really cute) perfectly and I LOVED them. So we decided to buy three of these for my mini cacti and use the jar idea for the larger cacti. I still have to buy the sand and mini stones but I think this is one of the cutest features in my room. I also got this tray from Sainsburys and think it works super well with the mugs. (P.S- Any fellow Once Upon A Time lovers out there? Do these mugs not remind you of Belle and Rumple or what? I LOVE IT!)



Next, in my haul, I have this absolutely amazing candle. Now, along with my deep loving of cushions, comes this deep loving of candles. My rather impressive collection just continues to grow and I am very much okay with that. The first thing that caught my eye about this was this the pattern and metallic feature of the candle. I am a big fan of this metallic trend and just fell in love with this candle. Then, when I realised that it was a three wick candle. I fell a little deeper in love. A single wick candle excites me enough, but add another 2 wicks and I go a little crazy. I am always seeing these three wick candles in America from Bath and Body Work's I believe, and every time I get a little jealous. So, when I came across this I got super super happy. I don't know if I have just been looking in the wrong places but I basically never come across three wick candles in England so I was beyond ecstatic. Now, in my deep love for this candle, even if it didn't smell absolutely amazing... I probably would have still purchased it, purely due to these other features and my obsession. However, just to top things off, it smells A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I feel like it might be one of those scents that aren't for everyone but I think it smells heavenly. Now I stupidly went and threw away the label but I feel like it was sandalwood or something? If that is even a scent, I don't know. I can't even find it online but you shall just have to trust me when I tell it is wonderful. Very happy with this purchase. 



 This next item is more of a practical item as oppose to decorative. I desperately needed a new lamp for my bedside table and thought this simple one was perfect. I was a little hesitant at first to go for the grey one, as I already had 3 grey walls and as mentioned before, didn't want my room to become too dark. However, my Mum and Grandma thought it would be fine and so I went for it, and I am very glad I did. The lamp is against the green wall and doesn't make it too dark at all! It's a perfect size and fits great with my room. Very happy with this too!



The final item in this haul is this amazing wall art (is that the correct word?). I have been seeing a few items like this lately, the whole '3D but behind glass' kind of wall art thing, and I love it! I think this looks super cool and again adds elements of yellow. The butterflies add to my kind of 'vintage, modern, elegant' theme I have going on. It sounds a little strange I know but I seriously love it and think it looks amazing. The more I look at this piece, the more I fall in love with it and I am super pleased with this find. I could go on and on about how much I love this piece but this post is getting rather long and I am honestly struggling to find words. 

So there we have my Next home haul. I still have a couple more items to add to my room and can't wait until it is finished so that I can share it! I hope you have enjoyed reading this haul as much as I have enjoyed writing it and maybe it has inspired your home décor shopping? 

I hope you have a lovely day and thank you for reading.

Holly X

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig