Monday 10 December 2018

My Christmas Wish List | Blogmas 2018 | Day 10


Can you believe it's Blogmas day 10 already? I know I missed the first couple of days (being the spontaneous decision that Blogmas was) but I still feel pretty proud that I have kept up with it so far. As the girl who struggles massively with consistency, this is a super good challenge for me and I am absolutely loving it! My blog brings me so much happiness and forcing myself to make time to write has been so therapeutic for me. 

Anyway, on to today's post, my Christmas Wishlist 2018! I am super nosey and love reading what everybody wants for Christmas, so I figured, why not give it a whirl myself. I think wish lists are also super helpful for a little gift giving inspo and so if you're struggling with what to give someone, here is a little guide. Without further ado, I present to you my Christmas wish list 2018...



I actually asked (and received) the happiness planner last Christmas and I have loved it! I am a massive organisation/ planner junkie and have tried many different ones over the years. However, I think this may be my favourite one yet, and the fact that I have decided to go a whole other year with it speaks to that. This planner has a bunch of 'start of year' worksheets (which I adore as I love setting resolutions and goals), monthly goals and reviews, as well as a monthly overview. It also has daily quotes, a daily schedule/ to-do, end of day gratitude and a ton more. It combines everything important to me in a planner and is just so cute! The peony planner is a little more expensive than the original planner, so I went for the original planner last year to see if I like it. However, this year I have gone for the peony planner because it is just so gorgeous and classy. Can you tell I love this planner?




I actually mentioned this subscription within my Book Lovers Gift Guide post the other day, but it is just so good that it deserves a second mention. Being the bookworm that I am, the idea of getting a brand new book picked out for you each month and delivered to your door is just SO EXCITING. I think any delivered to door subscription is fun (because who doesn't love getting mail?), but I think this one is particularly amazing. You select your age and mention some of your favourite authors so the subscription is personalised just for you. How cool is that?




I am an absolute sucker for blankets. I just love snuggling up with a cosy blanket, a hot cuppa and a book (or Netflix) so when I came across this blanket I completely swooned. Can you see how fluffy that is? *It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!* (Name the quote!). While it's a little expensive, I'm not fussy on brands so any super fluffy blanket will make me happy. 




Of course, a handful of books have made their way onto my wish list this year (as they do every year), one of which is 'The Brain: The Story of You' by David Eagleman. I am completely fascinated by the brain and neuroscience at the minute, so I am dying to get my hand on this book. Not only do I think this would be super interesting but I think it would be great for setting some baseline information for my biological psychology module next semester. 




Giovanna is an absolute gem of a writer and I think both Tom and Gi have this amazingly positive presence online which I am sure will translate into an amazing book. The whole concept of the book is pure genius and I have been dying to get my hands on this since it was announced. 'Against all odds, she survived. The first girl born in fifty years. They called her Eve. The world had waited for her arrival with bated breath. She is the last girl on earth, and all her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex. Kept from the truth of her past. But at sixteen it's time for Eve to face her destiny. Three potential males have been selected for her. The future of the world is in her hands. She's always accepted her fat. Until she meets Bram. Eve wants control over her life. She wants freedom. How do you choose between love and the future of the human race?'. If I don't get this for Christmas, I am running straight out to Waterstones to buy it. 




While there are a good few more books on my wishlist, the final one in this list is 'When We Collided' by Emery Lord. Now I love Emery Lord and she writes those amazing 'I can't put this down so I will abandon all responsibilities and sit here until I finish the book' books. Having read both 'The Names They Gave Us' and 'The Start of Me and You' and been completely obsessed with them, it's pretty much guaranteed that I will be equally as obsessed with this book too. Plus my friend told me it was fab, and I don't think she is in the habit of lying about book quality. 




This item is a little less typical than the others but still super cool. You may have come across 'Master Class' before, but if you haven't, it is essentially a big collection of online courses in specific skills, taught by the best in the business. From cooking to sports to photography, there is a class for everyone. I love learning and am basically a giant nerd so this is a perfect gift for me. They do an offer which is £170 for a year of all-access which sounds so amazing! Not only super fun and interesting but also an amazing opportunity to upgrade that CV! 




What gift list is complete without a couple pair of shoes? Earlier this semester I fractured my foot (read about that fun time here) which meant I could wear nothing but trainers for weeks on end. Everywhere I went, trainers. Now the only real trainers I have are my workout Nike trainers and so I literally wore the same shoes every day for almost 2 months. After all that, I have come to the conclusion that a girl needs some casual trainers and these are just so cute! I am a little indecisive about the colour but I think this is a fun colour to spice things up a bit. P.s. I haven't actually told anyone about this item on my wish list so the chances of getting them are slim to none. But still... 



The final item in my wishlist is another pair of shoes, these gorgeous Timberland ankle boots. I already own a pair of full-on Timberland boots but I feel like these are much more versatile and give a completely different vibe to outfits. Again, super indecisive about colours but I feel like black shoes are always a success right? (Also haven't technically told anyone I want these haha)


Wow, I have literally been writing for almost 2 hours now (and I could write for 2 more!) so I will bring this post to an end. I hope you found it interesting to get a little nosey into my wish list. What is your favourite item?

Hope you are having a lovely day and I will speak to you tomorrow,







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig