Wednesday 5 December 2018

Top 5 Advent Calendars 2018 | Blogmas 2018 | Day 5


I always think that the Christmas period in itself is often actually often better than Christmas day. While I love Christmas day, its the whole festive period that makes my little Christmassy heart flutter. The music, the lights, carol services, secret Santas and of course the Christmas countdown. Being the chocoholic that I am, I always go for a chocolate advent calendar. Not only are they delicious but they don't break the bank. However, with that being said, I still love to fantasize about all the amazing non-chocolate advent calenders. Yes, they are usually quite expensive, but I think they are just so cool! So here are my top 5 advent calendars that I would totally buy if money were no object, along with my chocolate one of course!

This last summer, I really discovered my love for Gin. I can't even tell you what it is, but I just love it. While I think gin is a perfect summery drink, I think you can easily mix it up to make it more festive, and what better excuse than an advent calendar! With 12 different gins, I could live out my gin tasting fantasies. Or, you could save them up for Christmas day and get a little merry with your friends... in the spirit of Christmas of course!

Another drink related advent that I love the idea of, is a tea advent! (Could I get any more British?) I love tea so much and think this would be a super fun and slightly healthier alternative to a chocolate calendar. I think this one is really reasonably priced and a lot of the teas are special festive flavours. I just love the idea of opening my advent, brewing a hot cuppa and snuggling down with a fluffy blanket to watch elf... what a dream!

I was obsessed with Playmobil as a child. My sisters and I would always get a new pack on holiday and it was quite possibly the most exciting thing ever for my little 7-year-old self. Well, turns out I never grew up (totally overrated anyway) because I would die for this advent calendar. I think these Playmobil advents are just so fun and I love the idea of setting up a little festive scene bit by bit until Christmas. I also really love ice skating and so this one is extra adorable to me.

As a photographer who loves cutesy decor, this is so perfect. I don't think you actually build a working camera but you end up with this amazing retro camera that would look amazing on the shelf next to a gorgeous plant. I also think this is a super fun and practical take on an advent calendar. While it is a little more time consuming than popping out a quick chocolate before you head out the door, I think this would force you to just stop and spend a couple minuted focusing on building the next piece, which I think would do wonders in helping you relax in what some people find a very stressful time of year. 

5. 7 days of sockmas 
I have heard so many people saying that socks are a bad gift, but I have to disagree. I love new socks and you know what is better than new socks? New Christmas socks! While this is only a 7-day advent, I think this would be fab for the final week before Christmas. Just picture waking up, opening your advent and putting on your new pair of super cute Christmas socks. Immediately you're in a good mood! I feel like this is maybe a more unusual advent, but considering its only 7 days, you could just add it as a little bonus to make the final week of countdown extra exciting!

So there we have my top 5 advents. Don't they all just sound amazing? In a dream world, I would have them all. I'd wake up, put on my new socks, grab a cuppa with a chocolate, add a Playmobil piece to the scene, hop off for the day feeling super happy just knowing that when I get back I can spend a minute building my camera then grabbing a cheeky gin with my dinner. Pretty perfect right? 

What do you think? What kind of advent do you prefer? 

Hope you have a lovely day and I speak to you tomorrow,



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig