Sunday 9 December 2018

Netflix Festive Watch List UK | Blogmas 2018 | Day 9


As a fellow film and TV lover, I love Netflix. I am a die-hard binge watcher along with a professional re-watcher (currently on my fifth rewatch of Gilmore Girls), so Netflix and I go way back. With that being said, you can see why I love reading posts like this. I think scrolling through Netflix can sometimes be a little overwhelming and I just can't decide what to watch, so posts like this are a life saver. 

I have always wanted to make one myself and being the Christmas fairy I am, what a better time to make one than for Blogmas! So, without further ado, here is my UK Netflix festive watch list!

Christmas Wedding Planner
Romantic Comedy
Rating: ALL
'A wedding planners world is turned upside down when a handsome private investigator is hired to disrupt one of her biggest jobs.'

This is one of those on my 'to-watch' list this year and with a 98% match on my Netflix account, I have a feeling it will be a good one. I am an absolute sucker for any slightly cheesy rom-com so I am super excited to give this one a watch.


The Christmas Chronicles 
Family Comedy
Rating: PG
'Ater accidentally crashing Santas sleigh, a brother and sister pull an all-nighter to save Christmas was a savvy, straight-talking St.Nick.'

This is a Netflix own movie and I absolutely loved it! It's your classic 'saving Christmas film' and perfect for snuggling up with a hot chocolate on a Sunday afternoon. A little strange side note- the elves in this are unlike any elves I have ever seen before... but I think they're cute.


The Holiday 
Romantic Comedy
Rating: 12
'Stuck in a vicious cycle of dead-end relationships with two-timing men, Los Angeles resident Amanda and Londoner Iris decide to swap homes.'

An absolute classic during the festive period, I must have seen this film at least 6 times. It just never gets old! With some absolute gems such as Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, this is an absolutely fab film. If you have never seen this, I strongly suggest you give it a whirl!


Arthur Christmas
Family Comedy
Rating: U
'At Santa Clauses super-secret toy-making facility, Mr Claus entrusts his son, Arthur, to carry out an ultra-important Christmas mission'.

This is one of those 'sit down with the family' films. It's got a little something for everyone and once again, is perfect for a festive Sunday snuggle with a hot chocolate *goes and makes myself a Bournville hot chocolate -drool-*.


Holiday Joy
Romantic Comedy
Rating: PG
'After falling and bumping her head, an exhausted teen gets to experience life as part of a different family: the seemingly perfect Wellmans.'

Now this one is your classic 'Hallmark' festive film, the kind you find on the Christmas movie channel, and I love it. I am an absolute sucker for anything like this and a little coming of age festive feel-good film is everything I need on a cold winters day. 


Love Actually
 Romantic Comedy
Rating: 15
'This ensemble comedy is a charming treatise on romance, telling 10 intertwining London love stories, leading up to a climax on Christmas Eve.'

Almost everybody has seen this film before, and if you haven't seen it then you have most likely heard of it. I would argue that it is an absolute classic in the festive world. Is it really even Christmas if you're not watching 'Love Actually'? (Yes. It is. But it is still a fab film.)


So, unfortunately, that brings my festive watch list to an end. I only selected my top 6 films as I thought that was actually an achievable goal for most. That being said, the more the merrier right? Literally. 

What is your favourite festive film?

I hope you have a lovely day and I will speak tomorrow,




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger templates by pipdig